Sunday, January 2, 2011

Safe arrival!

I have arrived safe and sound at Concordia! After a nine-hour trip, might I add... My day looked something like this:

9:30 AM - Arise, shower, pack, eat delicious cinnamon rolls, say goodbye to family!

11:36 AM - Depart from Rochester, MN with a full car.

11:50 AM - Find out from Dad that my car is not quite full - I left my laptop on the kitchen table. Meet Dad at the 75th St. exit in Rochester to get my laptop (thanks, Dad!).

1:30 PM - Meet a friend from camp in Stillwater, MN for lunch. Eat a delicious Greek potato concoction and realize that I'm across the river from Wisconsin! Sweet.

3:30 PM - Gas up in Stillwater...prepare for the next leg of the journey!

3:45 PM - Depart for Moorhead, MN

5:30 PM - Roads are awful! Going 30 mph near Alexandria. Figure I won't make it to Moorhead until 9:00 PM...ugh! My friends from Concordia weren't joking when they started calling it "Death-94."

7:00 PM - It's getting better! After a quick stop for dinner at a gas station in Fergus, the roads are brilliant and clear of packed snow/ice/yuckiness. It's smooth sailing - driving 73 mph 'till Moorhead.

8:15 PM - Arrive at my house in Moorhead after gassing up one more time. My roommates shoveled all of our sidewalks and both driveways - it must have taken HOURS! Thanks, roomies!

10:50 PM - Realize that I'm across the river from ND, meaning today was almost a three-state day! Yes! I had an awesome break but I'm happy to be home. Classes tomorrow will be a rude awakening... :)


I give Moorhead a thumbs-up!

3 comments:

  1. Scary picture!

    P.S. No day that begins at 9:30 am can be that tough. Try spending 9 hours driving across Kansas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.P.S. Glad you got there okay. Happy last semester! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which is better? Kansas or Nebraska? :P

    ReplyDelete