Why didn't I figure this out BEFORE registration and BEFORE classes started?? I am currently taking 14 credits (I've never had a semester in which I've taken fewer than 16 credits) - because I don't get any credit for yoga since I've already taken it (if I did get credit, I would be taking 15 credits right now).
Here is what I am going to the registrar's office to do tomorrow morning....
1) DROP Constitutional Law! After trying to write my first brief, I realized that I know NOTHING about this class! Nothing about the Constitution, the history, or more importantly - how to read lawspeak and what the vocabulary is. So, I'm dropping this 4-credit class!
Which brings me down to 10 credits, and I need at least 12 to be a full time student. So, I am going to add:
2) Instrumental Conducting I! Don't you think that would be a WAY better use of my time than Claw?? (Sorry, Dad! But I AM a music major after all) It's only 2 credits, bringing me to a grand total of... 12 credits! But still five classes. Weird, huh??
Anyway, that will be much less stressful. If I wanted to, I could even add another 2-credit course, to bring my total up to 14 credits. That course is...
3) Methods for Teaching Piano! Again, way closer to what I'll be doing with my life than Claw.
Instead of adding Methods for Teaching Piano, though, I think I might join the Cobber Echo Band! It is a 1-credit course that meets from 4:00-6:00 PM on Sunday afternoons. I would play clarinet (which I should learn by this Sunday...)! I think it would be a fun experience and it would look great on my resume to have band experience, both in conducting class and in an actual band.
My new schedule would look something like this:
Monday:
10:30-11:40 AM Instrumental Conducting
11:50-1:00 PM Counterpoint
2:40-3:50 PM Astronomy
Tuesday:
10:30-12:30 PM Astronomy Lab
12:50-2:30 PM Yoga
2:40-4:20 PM Legacy of Luther
Wednesday:
10:30-11:40 AM Instrumental Conducting
11:50-1:00 PM Counterpoint
2:40-3:50 PM Astronomy
Thursday:
12:50-2:30 PM Yoga
2:40-4:20 PM Legacy of Luther
Friday:
1:20-2:30 PM Constitutional Law (Pass/Fail)
2:40-3:50 PM Astronomy
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment