Sunday, January 9, 2011

Band!

I joined band! I am so proud, and super excited.

Today was my first rehearsal, from 4:00-6:00 PM. I was nervous before...as in, my palms were all sweaty and I was bouncing my knee! But, it turned out to be okay.

I played third clarinet, and I wasn't even the worst one in the section! In fact, I was better than TWO other clarinetists! (The other two members of my third clarinet section)

Anyway, it was an interesting experience. I was nervous about the first five minutes of rehearsal. I wasn't sure how early to be in the room, when to put together my instrument, what we'd be doing during rehearsal, how the ensemble BEGINS running through a piece, etc. But it was okay! I knew all of my fingerings and I can play two and a half octaves on the clarinet - exactly what I need to know.

It was a good experience, and I'm looking forward to next week. Stay posted! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment