This morning, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I was tired, cranky, and the week was definitely off to a bad start.
I went to check my mail, and found a big envelope addressed to Lucy Oehler (but with no return address - creepy?).
I opened it, only to find out that it was a letter and some materials from Mr. Gresser, my fifth grade music teacher! It made my day.
He offered kind words, and words of wisdom and advice. He also shared some moments from his career teaching that helped him grow. The chance to read his writing was a heartening experience!
For a research project, I wrote to many of my past music teachers. I wasn't expecting to hear back from anyone - especially not this soon. Sometimes it takes a day like today to remind me why I should keep my hopes up, and why I should keep waiting.
Monday, November 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Shout out to Mr. Gresser! Those were the days...
ReplyDelete