Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Kate's great!

This afternoon, I had the wonderful opportunity to watch my good friend, Kate Trenerry, play soccer. I've been friends with Kate for twelve years now, and I've been watching her soccer games for nearly as long. She's come a long way!

Anyway, Kate's team (Carleton) was playing Concordia in the playoffs. Concordia entered the game undefeated (except for a tie, which was against Carleton earlier this year). I could only make it to the end of the game, and I arrived with eight minutes left.

They ended up playing two sudden-death overtimes, then entering a kick-off where five members of each time took penalty shots and whichever team had more shots won. This was INTENSE, since Kate's the goalkeeper.

Basically, SHE WAS AMAZING! It was so much fun to watch her. She had a ridiculous number of fantastic saves and she literally won the game for Carleton.

After they won, Kate's whole team stormed around her and lifted her up in the air cheering. As soon as she was back on the ground, she came over and gave me a big hug. I felt like a superstar just for knowing her.

There were two bummers to the game though... 1) I didn't realize it was only forty degrees outside, and I didn't wear socks. After being outside for so long, my feet are still kind of red (seven hours later, oops). 2) I think the Cobber fans were about to annihilate me for cheering for Carleton...oops!

Fun day though, thanks Kate! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment