Monday, February 28, 2011

Senioritis? Oops.

Also, I have Senioritis. Can you tell? I should be writing a paper that's due in the morning. Oops. Oh well.

We have this awesome thing called "Term Calculator" and it lists all of our classes out like this:

2 credits - Instrumental Conducting
4 credits - Religion 300
4 credits - Astronomy
2 credits - Counterpoint
1 credit - Yoga
1 credit - Echo Band
1 credit - Chapel Choir
1 credit - Voice
1 credit - Organ

And then, by each class, it has a little pull-down menu where you can pick letter grades. For instance: I can give myself straight A's in my music classes, but B's and C's in my gen-eds. It will then calculate my GPA for the term, and my overall/cumulative GPA for graduation.

Currently, my GPA is 3.81. The cutoffs for graduation with honors are as follows:

3.9 - Summa cum laude
3.7 - Magna cum laude
3.5 - Cum laude

So, I am on track to graduate magna cum laude.

If I give myself A's in all of my classes, my GPA will still only be 3.83. Clearly, there's no way I can graduate summa cum laude. Thus, I need to make sure to keep my GPA above 3.7 so I can graduate magna cum laude.

I know I will get A's in all of my music classes and in yoga. So the only classes I could even possibly worry about would be Religion and Astronomy. In order for my GPA to be exactly 3.7, I need to get one of these combinations:

C- / C-

D+ / C

D / C+

D- / B-

If I get below a D-, I fail and won't graduate. Boo.

Anyway, this is great news! I have never gotten below a B in any college class, so I think I'll be okay.

Just thought I'd share...I'm super impressed if you read all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment