Tuesday, January 12, 2010

10 Special Moments from the Last Two Days

1. Yesterday night, I had terrible nightmares all night and consequently, only slept five hours.

2. I woke up with a crick in my neck and couldn't turn my head to the right.

3. Upon waking up, I put away dishes and broke a glass in the middle of my kitchen floor at 7:30 AM. Ugh.

4. While walking to class, I saw a friend wearing shorts and a t-shirt. It was seventeen degrees outside. He said it was balmy.

5. I waited for my first tutoring session at 9:00 PM, but my tutee didn't show up. She called at 10:15 PM asking where I was. The Academic Enhancement and Writing Center had told her the wrong time. Ugh.

6. I left my room at 7:30 AM and returned at 11:30 PM. Long day! Yikes.

7. I had a big bowl of Lucky Charms and read a memoir about Aspergers Syndrom until midnight. Good use of time.

8. I couldn't fall asleep last night until 2:00 AM because of the crick in my neck. I woke up at 6:45 AM this morning and felt like I couldn't move a limb.

9. I made brownies for my ACDA meeting, and they should have been done by 7:15 AM. However, as I was scurrying off to class at 7:45 AM, they were still in the oven looking weird and not quite done. I took them out anyways, and figured college students will eat anything.

10. After returning from my organ lesson, I read the back of the brownie box and realized that in the wee hours this morning, I forgot to add the oil. At tonight's meeting, I am looking forward to playing a game called "What ingredient did Lucy forget to put in the brownies?"

2 comments:

  1. Poor Lucy...you need to warm up Bed Buddy and curl him around your neck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bed Buddy's been curled around my neck all day :(

    ReplyDelete