Last night, I had this great dream that I had become a world-famous composer. My specialization, per se, was that I could invent new scales in the blink of an eye. And each one was just brilliant, of course.
When I woke up this morning, I truly thought I had discovered my hidden talent: scale-writing. So, I sat down with some staff paper and decided to do some composing.
I figured I should start my scale on A (a pretty non-descript note, I'd say). I wanted it to be similar to a Dorian or Phrygian mode, just an altered major-scale. So, I decided to lower the third, sixth, and seventh scale degrees. Great, right!?
After I had this wonderful epiphany of a beautiful scale to write, I decided to try writing it out. The scale I ended up with was...
A B C D E F G A
Hello, natural minor! Glad to know my ideas are original. :)
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment