Monday, January 21, 2013

Whew, what a month!

I have happily moved to my new house, just a block and a half away from my old rental house. I was blessed with the support of friends last Wednesday, when I had ten friends come help me move. They showed up around 5:30 PM with smiles, pizza, and cleaning supplies. What troopers! Highlights of the night included moving my giant plant, selling my couch on Craigslist, and completing the move by 8:30 PM. However, my house was such a mess by this time, that I had to stay with a friend. My bed was in the living room, couch in the kitchen, and boxes up the wazoo! Here are three pictures for you to enjoy.

1. Living room three weeks before I moved in!

2. Living room the night I moved in!

3. Living room five days after I moved in!





So, I guess the move was a success! I guess?

I was blessed with a three-day weekend. I spent Friday night with Eric's family, playing lots of cribbage. On Saturday, we went into town to run errands, including picking up exciting things for my house (like a shelf for the bathroom and a dish rack). The Brainerd Jaycees were hosting a fishing tournament with 10,000 contestants, so town was nuts, yikes! On Sunday, I didn't get out of bed until 1:30 PM, and enjoyed watching Enemy of the State in bed. Today was a busy day. I paid bills, worked at school for a few hours, finished cleaning my house, met with my landlord, filed the claim for my car, talked with my Omnipod representative, made a pheasant in the slow cooker (weird), installed curtain rods, and did my lesson plans for the week. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment