I've always considered myself to be a great speller. Honestly, I still gloat about winning spelling bees in elementary school. Hey, doesn't everyone have something silly of which they are particularly proud?
Anyway, the more I write and the older I grow, the more I realize I have difficulty spelling some words. I'm not sure if it's because of new technology and digitization, since I do most of my composition on the computer. However, I feel like I've lost some of my spelling abilities!
Lately, I've been keeping track of words which are especially troublesome for me to spell. Here is the list I have so far:
Bureaucracy
Tocatta
Sovereign
Village
Massachusetts
Misspell
Surveillance
Hippopotamus
The words are presented in order of most-commonly-misspelled. And yes, I did spell-check that entire list!
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pretty sure you mean "toccata"!
ReplyDeleteHahaha look at how good I am at spelling... :P
ReplyDelete