Saturday, October 24, 2009

Eighteen hours!

I'm still super new to this blogging thing, and by using my sister's blog about an example, I should be writing about school and grades and such. :) But, I am not going to today...

I just have to say that I LOVE fall break in Moorhead! It's only been about eighteen hours, but who is counting? In that eighteen hours, though, I have packed in so much fun.

I took an hour-long nap, ate some wonderful mac-n-cheese with my roomies, and then headed over to Will's to go to Ben Folds. We met up with his roommate Eric (and his girlfriend Ashley) and a friend from Grand Forks. We also saw Tracie, Jens, and Krista! How fun! This is the third concert I've been to with Jens in a year. Whoa. We also ran across lots of other Cobbers.

The concert was just incredible - just Ben Folds and a Steinway for two hours. His opener was Kate Miller-Heidke, who is on the top charts in Australia right now. They were both absolutely hilarious, I cannot even begin to describe the hilarity intermingled with their brilliant music-making.

After the concert, we went back to Will's and played some Presidents (cards) and some video games (woohoo...). I got a little bored (can you imagine?) so I went over to my friend Kayla's. It just happened that a whole bunch of my friends were there! What a pleasant surprise - ditching video games to unknowingly find friends. :) Anyway, it was lots of fun. Then I slept for a glorious nine hours.

And today I'm cleaning my apartment...for real. Bleach, vacuum, etc. This is intense. Then I'm going adventuring, and maybe even driving to Zorbaz for dinner!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lil Sis,

    Your fall break sounds awesome! Have a little extra fun for me. (We don't get any days off between Labor Day and Thanksgiving...)

    I heard an interview with Kate Miller-Heidke on NPR this week - she was really funny and her music was good. Sounds like a fun concert!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete